QuickBooks Multi Users Installation, SetUp & Configuration
Do You Need An Accounting Software For Your Business?We Sell, Install, Setup & Train Businesses In Nigeria
Call our accounting & technical support centre on 08084219399, 08105090001
The need for QuickBooks multi-users configuration arises when you want to connect different users to a particular data file in which each person works independently but on the same financials hosted on a central network.
The major advantage of this – is that it allows for flexibility and swift data entry for an organisation with growing volume of transactions and quick updates for your financials.
This roundup focuses on how to set-up Quickbooks on a multi-user environment.
When installing QuickBooks, you need to have different licenses equivalent to the number of users intended and make sure you select ‘I will only be storing QuickBooks on the computer‘ when setting up QuickBooks on the server.
Note: You cannot use the same license for all users.
This will ensure that QuickBooks Database Server Manager is installed on the central system or server.
QuickBooks Set-Up & Configuration:
- I assumed you have already created a company and at the point of saving the data file, it’s recommended that you point it to a network folder or server so that it can be accessible from systems that are directly connected to the server.
- I also assume you have installed QuickBooks on each of the additional systems using each of the licences purchased.
- To access the central data file:
- Make sure the server is ‘ON’
- Launch the QuickBooks on your system.
- Click File > Select Open or Restore Company
- Select Open a Company > Next
- On the window that pops up select ‘Network’ > Click on the Server Computer.
- Locate your QuickBooks File and Open.
Note: You can also talk to your IT department to help you map the server to a network drive on each of the users’ system for each access.
For more information and inquiry on how to configure your QuickBooks and set-up multi-user environment without hassle, you can connect with us on firstname.lastname@example.org