Whether you are small, growing or multinational assembly with global reach and membership base, one important you must not ignore or rather pay apt attention to, as a general oversee or church finance officer, is the overall financial and cash flow position of your church. A number of times, I hear church admin tell me they really do not need strict accounting policies or documentations as everybody is spiritual, hence, are expected to exhibit a great level of financial discipline and honesty towards the church finance. That’s quite interesting!. But for me, I believe as much as there was Judas among the twelve disciples, there stand to be more of such person in the church not to even to mention the popularity of crimes people commit in the church since they are less likely to be caught.
Back to the thrust of this guide on deploying accounting software for a church, I’d like to share key reasons tracking cash flows in churches is very important:
- You plan the church budget on a weekly, monthly or annual basis based on cash flow trend and how can you plan when you don’t know how much you are expecting or cash on hand?
- You incur expenses and would like to channel fund to vital projects that will drive church growth, with accounting software, allocating resources based on data presented seems easy. You also see the possibility of expanding the church’s presence to areas that are not currently covered.
- Church also pay workers, hence, they need to track salaries and allowances.
- Plus more
How QuickBooks Can Help Churches Track Cash flow
Every church accounting must start from membership record; you need to have details of your members so that income categories like ‘Tithe, or Special Donations” can easily be traced to a particular member.
Request For Our Accounting Software ServiceFor over 5 years, we have implemented QuickBooks for several companies under Retail, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Real Estate & Construction, Travels, Hospitality,Legal, Co-operatives, NGOs, Financial & Service Sectors.
- Mbaire Services Nigeria Ltd(Construction)
- Aristokrat 360 Limited(Creative & Media Agency)
- Alpha Pharmacy (Health Care & Supermarket)
- Hawkes Legal(Legal)
- OPI Nigeria International Limited (Oil & Gas Servicing)
- Zenilum Company Limited (Oil & Gas Servicing)
- Lilygate Hotel(Hospitality)
- Josien Holdings Limited(Distribution)
- Aisha Buhari Foundation (Futured Assured)(NGO)
- Doheney HR Services(HR)
- Biddel Oil & Gas Limited (Oil & Gas)
- System Intelligenz Limited(Contractor)
- MagTech Information Security (IT)
- Infusion Cakes Nigeria (Bakery)
- Landmark Centre (Event Centre)
- Mountain Ice Travel & Tour (Travels)
- BTS System (Service)
- Logos Travel Support & Solutions Ltd (Travels)
- Germaine Auto Centre (Autos)
- BD Consult (PR)
- Starlight Nigeria (Retail)
- Temple Private School (Education)
- C. Charles Resources Limited (IT consulting)
- Adeniyi Coker Consultants Limited (Real estate and construction)
- The Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NGO)
- Value Mart Supermarket (Retail)
- Transweb Bureau De Change (Financial Service)
- Wakanow Travels (Travels)
- Vektro Food Limited (Manufacturing & Retails)
- Orient Petroleum PLC (Oil & Gas)
- Plus More
The key sources of revenue for churches are ‘offering’, ‘tithe‘, and ‘special donations‘ – seed offering, Thanksgiving, etc’. In QuickBooks, you can create each of these revenue categories as an “item under service” and map it to an income account.
It’s not only a profit-organization that incurs expenses, churches also do, besides, the church is one of the top spenders as they embark on several community developments and life-transforming projects, expansion or reach our projects and building projects within or across the border. At least, if I do not know how other churches spend, I can confidently say that the church I worship spends heavily on local, international projects and outreach events worldwide.
At least, if I do not know how other churches spend, I can confidently say that the church I worship spends heavily on local, international projects and outreach events worldwide.
With QuickBooks, you not only track daily, weekly or monthly expenses but also has a feature that makes it flexible for you to map them to a specific building project or event for accountability purpose.
While these areas are updated on the front end, executives can explore the reporting side to view the overall report of statement of asset and liabilities, revenue and expenditure, membership collections, tithe etc.
For more details on how we can deploy and improve your church accounting system using QuickBooks, call our instant report centre: 08084219399, 08105090001 or email at email@example.com
Recommended QuickBooks Software With Genuine License Details, It's One-Off:
Order Now, Call 08105090001, 08084219399 or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
QuickBooks Premier – 1 User₦90,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Premier – 3 Users₦265,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Premier – 4 Users₦339,100.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Premier – 5 Users₦448,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Premier – 2 User₦177,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Pro – 1 User₦73,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Pro – 2 Users₦135,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Pro – 3 Users₦195,000.00 Add to cart