Effective management of a co-operative society’s account, in a face change environment where no one is ready to spend countless hours sorting paper transactions, requires an automated financial management system that does not only save time but also generates an accurate record of members’ savings, loan disbursements, and investment owned by the association on demand.
In this review of our current QuickBooks Online Plus deployment for a co-operative society of a top company in Nigeria, we will be discussing how bank statement upload helped resolved their financial challenges on key areas like member’s monthly savings, loan disbursement and repayments, investment in equities and CBN Treasury bills and financial reports.
Although we have already shared a detailed guide on how QuickBooks works for a co-operative society, this is for co-operative societies that are looking for a cloud version of QuickBooks with bank statement upload.
Request For Our Accounting Software ServiceFor over 5 years, we have implemented QuickBooks for several companies under Retail, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Real Estate & Construction, Travels, Hospitality,Legal, Co-operatives, NGOs, Financial & Service Sectors.
- Mbaire Services Nigeria Ltd(Construction)
- Chisco Transport Limited(Transport)
- Lounge38(Hotel and Bars)
- CTRL System Technologies Limited(Procurements)
- Aristokrat 360 Limited(Creative & Media Agency)
- Alpha Pharmacy (Health Care & Supermarket)
- Ericsson Nigeria Multipurpose Co-operative Society (Co-operatives)
- Fastanet Limited (ICT and Security)
- Britanic Maritime (Maritime Service)
- CEO Business Limited (Salary Advance, Credit Finance and Loan)
- OneHealth Pharmacy (Health Care)
- Olpharm Pharmacy (Health Care & Distributor)
- Hawkes Legal(Legal)
- Kantessa Limited(Fashion Store)
- OPI Nigeria International Limited (Oil & Gas Servicing)
- Zenilum Company Limited (Oil & Gas Servicing)
- Lilygate Hotel(Hospitality)
- Benstel Nigeria Limited(Bottle Water Production & Distribution)
- Paraclete Nigeria Limited (Bottle Water Production & Distribution)
- Josien Holdings Limited(Distribution)
- Aisha Buhari Foundation (Futured Assured)(NGO)
- Doheney HR Services(HR)
- Insights Limited(Health Consultant)
- Biddel Oil & Gas Limited (Oil & Gas)
- System Intelligenz Limited(Contractor)
- MagTech Information Security (IT)
- Infusion Cakes Nigeria (Bakery)
- Landmark Centre (Event Centre)
- M.D School (Private School)
- Travel Options (Travels)
- Logos Travel Support & Solutions Ltd (Travels)
- Germaine Auto Centre (Autos)
- Starlight Nigeria (Retail)
- Temple Private School (Education)
- Value Mart Supermarket (Retail)
- Transweb Bureau De Change (Financial Service)
- Vektro Food Limited (Manufacturing & Retails)
- Orient Petroleum PLC (Oil & Gas)
- Plus More
How Bank Statement Upload Works in QuickBooks Online
The bank statement upload in QuickBooks is a useful add-on that lets you migrate all the transactions in your local bank account (CSV format) to QuickBooks. You can map each column of your already downloaded statements in CSV to date, descriptions, debits and credits. This will ensure that your transactions are properly imported and rightly presented in QuickBooks with no error.
Once all fields are mapped, you can view all the transactions in your bank statement from the excel sheets.
Membership savings are directly credited to your co-operative society’s bank account as a lump sum payment from the HR department, but how do you split payment among members so that the report will capture individual’s savings?
Using the bank statement upload feature in QuickBooks Online, you can select each member of the co-operative society and their respective savings for that month and the total of the savings, at the end of the exercise, must correspond with the lump-sum payments. With payment or saving schedule, you should find it easy to map.
The above snapshot is a sample import of a members’ savings amounting to N80,000 which you can split amount members using savings schedule from the HR department.
Investment in Treasury Bills, and Equities
Co-operative societies invest in fixed income and equity instruments and at the end, expected to generate interest and dividend income.
This snapshot below shows how investment in CBN T-Bills and equities are posted during bank statement upload in QuickBooks.
Loan & Interest Payment
For principal payment and interest received on members’ loan disbursed, follow the same process but on the “Received column”, and map against “interest income account” and “loan account receivable account”.
The snapshot above shows how a single loan re-payment from a member of co-operative can be split into principal and interest for proper accountability.
At the end of the month, you should be able to generate:
- Statement of income and expenses
- Balance sheet (financial position)
- Savings liability for each member.
- Loan disbursement report and interest income.
- Investment account and interest earned.
- and more.
While these are the brief overview of the simple advantages of using QuickBooks Online for a co-operative society, you can also connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for discussion on how we can meet your custom needs.
Recommended QuickBooks Software With Genuine License Details, It's One-Off:
Order Now, Call 08105090001, 08084219399 or mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
HP Laptop for QuickBooks Software₦115,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Premier – 1 User₦90,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Premier – 3 Users₦265,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Premier – 4 Users₦339,100.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Premier – 5 Users₦448,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Premier – 2 User₦177,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Pro – 1 User₦73,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Pro – 2 Users₦135,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Pro – 3 Users₦195,000.00 Add to cart