The need for QuickBooks multi-users configuration arises when you want to connect different users to a particular data file in which each person works independently but on the same financials hosted on a central network.
The major advantage of this – is that it allows for flexibility and swift data entry for an organisation with growing volume of transactions and quick updates for your financials.
This roundup focuses on how to set-up Quickbooks on a multi-user environment.
Request For Our Accounting Software ServiceFor over 5 years, we have implemented QuickBooks for several companies under Retail, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Real Estate & Construction, Travels, Hospitality,Legal, Co-operatives, NGOs, Financial & Service Sectors.
- Mbaire Services Nigeria Ltd(Construction)
- Aristokrat 360 Limited(Creative & Media Agency)
- Hawkes Legal(Legal)
- Lilygate Hotel(Hospitality)
- Josien Holdings Limited(Distribution)
- Aisha Buhari Foundation (Futured Assured)(NGO)
- Doheney HR Services(HR)
- Biddel Oil & Gas Limited (Oil & Gas)
- System Intelligenz Limited(Contractor)
- MagTech Information Security (IT)
- Infusion Cakes Nigeria (Bakery)
- Landmark Centre (Event Centre)
- Mountain Ice Travel & Tour (Travels)
- BTS System (Service)
- Logos Travel Support & Solutions Ltd (Travels)
- Germaine Auto Centre (Autos)
- BD Consult (PR)
- Starlight Nigeria (Retail)
- Temple Private School (Education)
- C. Charles Resources Limited (IT consulting)
- Adeniyi Coker Consultants Limited (Real estate and construction)
- The Nigerian Economic Summit Group (NGO)
- Value Mart Supermarket (Retail)
- Transweb Bureau De Change (Financial Service)
- Wakanow Travels (Travels)
- Vektro Food Limited (Manufacturing & Retails)
- Orient Petroleum PLC (Oil & Gas)
- Plus More
When installing QuickBooks, you need to have different licenses equivalent to the number of users intended and make sure you select ‘I will only be storing QuickBooks on the computer‘ when setting up QuickBooks on the server.
Note: You cannot use the same license for all users.
This will ensure that QuickBooks Database Server Manager is installed on the central system or server.
QuickBooks Set-Up & Configuration:
- I assumed you have already created a company and at the point of saving the data file, it’s recommended that you point it to a network folder or server so that it can be accessible from systems that are directly connected to the server.
- I also assume you have installed QuickBooks on each of the additional systems using each of the licences purchased.
- To access the central data file:
- Make sure the server is ‘ON’
- Launch the QuickBooks on your system.
- Click File > Select Open or Restore Company
- Select Open a Company > Next
- On the window that pops up select ‘Network’ > Click on the Server Computer.
- Locate your QuickBooks File and Open.
Note: You can also talk to your IT department to help you map the server to a network drive on each of the users’ system for each access.
For more information and inquiry on how to configure your QuickBooks and set-up multi-user environment without hassle, you can connect with us on email@example.com
Recommended QuickBooks Software With Genuine License Details:
Order Now, Call 08105090001, 08084219399
QuickBooks Premier – 1 User₦90,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Premier – 3 Users₦265,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Premier – 4 Users₦448,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Premier – 5 Users₦339,100.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Premier – 2 User₦177,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Pro – 1 User₦73,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Pro – 2 Users₦135,000.00 Add to cart
QuickBooks Pro – 3 Users₦195,000.00 Add to cart